Your personal data
We take the privacy of your personal data seriously; we are committed to keeping the personal information you share with us, whether over the internet or on the telephone confidential.
The Data Protection Act 1998 has eight main principles which are designed to protect the privacy of our candidates when we handle their personal and sensitive data. RSAcademics ensures that all members of staff follow these principles.
The personal that we hold for you data shall be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully. We will only collect data when we have legitimate grounds to and not use the data in ways that have unjustified adverse effects.
- Obtained only for specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes. We collect data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share your information with any third party. Your data will be passed onto the client school as a specified use.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which it is collected and processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept no longer than is necessary. We will keep your details on file so we can contact you if we are instructed on a job we believe would be of interest to you. Under the Employment Agencies Act, RSAcademics is obliged to hold your data for 12 months after it was last used. We may continue to hold it after this time. Please let us know if you do not wish us to hold your data on file
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act
- Held securely. Appropriate measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Why we need your personal data how we use it
The information collected on you and further information collected from you will be inputed to our database. The database and the information it contains will be used by RSAcademics to assess your suitability, skills and qualifications not only for current vacancies, but also for future vacancies RSAcademics thinks may be of interest to you. We may also use your information to keep you informed by telephone or e-mail, of future vacancies which RSAcademics consider may be appropriate to you.
Personal data submitted in an application form will be disclosed to our clients who retain us to recruit an individual or retain us to identify individuals with interests and qualifications similar to yours. If you are contacted by an RSAcademics representative but do not apply for the job discussed with you, we will not pass on your name or personal data to our client however, we may keep a record of the conversation in our database.
Ensuring your personal date is accurate
We will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you and our clients the best possible service. Please keep us informed of any changes or if you find any errors in the personal date we hold for you, let us know and we will make the necessary corrections as is soon as reasonably possible and make sure they are conveyed to anyone we may have misinformed.
Confidentiality of your personal data
We use our best efforts to ensure RSAcademics maintain your confidentiality and we will not use the information obtained from you for any unauthorised purpose. We will audit our procedures and security measures regularly to ensure that they are being properly administered and that they remain effective and appropriate.
When your personal information is no longer needed or required, we have procedures to destroy, delete or erase.
In rare circumstances, the law may require or permit RSAcademics to disclose your personal information without your knowledge or specific consent. For example, such information may be disclosed if required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or court order, or if requested by a government institution, which has the lawful authority to obtain the information.
Under no circumstances do we sell personal information to other organisations.
Access to your personal data
If you would like to see the data we hold about you, we can provide this for you. This includes data held both electronically or in a relevant filing system. Should you wish to access this data please request this in writing with a full description of your request, including any dates or specific details which you would like us to retrieve. We will then have 40 calendar days to provide this.
Please note, that in any case, information or references to, or about third parties will be removed from the information sent to you.
RSAcademics endeavour to keep this policy up to date and will review and update it when necessary. We will place any updates on this webpage.
Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Some cookies are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Cookies make these functions smooth and hassle-free to the website visitor.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly. Click here for information on how to disable cookies.